UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:52:55 -0400
Spent yesterday (9/15)  at Putney Mountain watching a great show of
migrating hawks.  Grand total reported was 620, I think, though I did not
see that many. There were about 10-12 people there at any one time. Perfect
day! We were there from about noon till 4:30.
Entertaining highlights were Sharpies buzzing the plastic owl in a tree and
a Red-tail carrying some sort of prey. This bird came around twice, eating
on the fly, as it were.

Please feel free to comment/correct i.d.s on these pictures. There is one
mystery bird, and I'm not totally positive on my i.d.s or ages.
Enjoy!

Red-tail with prey
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/sets/72157631553517590/

Broad-winged, Osprey, Kestrel, Sharpie, Red-tailed, mystery bird
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/sets/72157631553367158/

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/