UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2018, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nathalie Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nathalie Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2018 09:24:02 -0400
I second these observations. I 89 from New London to West Leb is littered
with dead squirrels. They seem to be hurtling themselves at oncoming
traffic. I avoided a few by swerving into the other lane. Not a great
maneuver when going 70 miles an hour.

Is the excessive road kill due to an explosion in squirrel population or
something else?
Nathalie Hebert