UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2014, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Pip Richens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2014 22:47:32 +0000
at Wilder Dam and Boston Lot Lake

Nine of us met for our excursion under an overcast sky and temperature in the low 50s.

In order of appearance we saw/heard:
song sparrows
rock pigeons
Canada geese
a kettle of turkey vultures
mourning doves
black-capped chickadees
white-throated sparrows
a very vocal veery
ovenbirds
American crows
blue jays
gray catbirds
a chestnut-sided warbler
an indigo bunting
northern parulas
American redstarts
a downy woodpecker
vocalizing and drumming yellow-bellied sapsuckers
common yellowthroats
a Baltimore oriole
a red-eyed vireo
a blue-headed vireo
black throated blue warblers
black throated green warblers
spotted sandpipers
a double-crested cormorant
a northern flicker
mallards
an American robin
yellow-rumped warblers
a hermit thrush
a hairy woodpecker
a Blackburnian warbler being harassed by a redstart
a magnolia warbler
broad winged hawks
a least flycatcher
a brown creeper
a Canada warbler
a scarlet tanager
a white-breasted nuthatch
common grackles
and to end our outing, an immature bald eagle!

Pip Richens
Mascoma Chapter of NH Audubon