LLTI Archives

November 2007, Week 3

From:
Tom Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:24:30 -0600
Ed,

Over the years I had lots of professors trying to scan slides on the
cheap.  In the end, they were all unhappy with the results.  In some
cases, I had scanned a few for them using a Nikon Coolscan which they
eventually ended up purchasing.  Nikon does cost more but has a higher
resolution and I would guess is faster per slide.

Scan directly into Photoshop and click Auto Levels.  You will be amazed
what you can do with a "red" slide.

Good luck

Tom Browne