DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives

April 2016

DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
The Fifty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Fifty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:50:25 -0400
*HELLO DMBC!!*

We are thrilled to announce that *for the first time in many many years*,
we are planning to run a *SpRiNg FiFtY* this term**!!!!

*THE FIFTY* is a Dartmouth tradition where teams of four people hike
continuously from *Dartmouth* to *Moosilauke Ravine Lodge* via the
Appalachian trail. The Fifty is a total of *53.6 miles* and takes about *24-30
hours*. The Fifty is an opportunity to mentally and physically push
yourself across a section of one of the most beautiful trails in North
America.

*THE FIFTY *this year will be *MAY 13 - 14!!! ~SaVe tHe DaTe~*

Eight teams of four people are able to hike it each time it runs, and they
are supported by countless volunteers who help keep this insane treacherous
*epic* Dartmouth tradition alive.

** The Fifty this term is still dependent on the weather, and could be
cancelled last minute if the trail conditions make the journey too
dangerous. **

To see what the Fifty is like, check out this vid:
https://vimeo.com/115042314

Please keep an eye out for more emails to come about our information
session (*mandatory* for ALL hikers and volunteers!!), set for *Wednesday,
April 27 at 7:00 PM in Dartmouth Hall room 105*. Start forming your teams
now!!

Send any questions or comments to [log in to unmask]

With Love From Your 16S Fifty Directors,

Julietta Gervese, Rosie Mahoney, Anna Ellis