CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:18:50 +0000
AIRES AND DECIS AND INSTRUMENTS AND THANK GOODNESS AND SIG EP AND 11:15PM

A statement from Eric "Preston" Suan, Business Manager of the Dartmouth Aires:

"Yea, so we'd just like everyone to know that we've given up on the whole 'singing without instruments' thing, often italicized as a cappella. It was a group decision and we realized we simply couldn't justify impersonating guitars, drums, and goofy dancers any longer. When you hear a band like Chuck, or Toast, or the Beatles, there's just something magical and we want to be magical. That's one of our goals. Also, have you ever heard a real guitar? I don't know how to describe it but it's definitely really...really real."

Thanks, Eric! Come to SIG EP at 11:15PM to see if we're worth our salt on any of the following (hint: just joking, no hints, just come!):

the drums

the bass

the trumpet

the clarinet