CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Maryam Zafer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maryam Zafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 11:57:10 -0400
*What:*  Israel and Palestine Week: A Look at Conflict Through Culture
is hosting
poet Ewa Chrusciel to hold a poetry reading.
The point of the week is to highlight the people who are the casualties of
the violence in the region.  Therefore, we want to use our efforts to give
a homage to their rich cultures.  Poetry is HUGE in Middle Eastern
tradition and we couldn't think of any other appropriate way to culminate
the week.
***Attendees are encouraged to bring poems relating to culture and conflict
they have written or read to share.***

*When:* Today, 6:00 PM

*Where: *Casque and Gauntlet

*~~Dinner Provided~~*

Ewa Chruschiel's Biography:

Ewa Chrusciel writes both in Polish and English. In 2003 Studium published
her first book
in Polish. Her second book in Polish: Sopilki came out in Dec 2009. She has
won the 2009
international book contest for her book in English, Strata, which was
published with Emergency
Press in March 2011 in the United States. Her second book in English
Contraband of Hoopoe
is forthcoming with Omnidawn Press. Her poems were featured in Jubilat,
Boston Review,
Colorado Review, Lana Turner, Spoon River Review, Aufgabe among others. Her
translations
of poetry appeared in numerous journals and two anthologies of Polish
poetry in English
translations: Carnivorous Boy, Carnivorous Bird and Six Polish Poets. She
is a Professor of
Humanities at Colby-Sawyer College.

http://www.echrusciel.net/
--