Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

What:  Israel and Palestine Week: A Look at Conflict Through Culture is hosting poet Ewa Chrusciel to hold a poetry reading.
The point of the week is to highlight the people who are the casualties of the violence in the region.  Therefore, we want to use our efforts to give a homage to their rich cultures.  Poetry is HUGE in Middle Eastern tradition and we couldn't think of any other appropriate way to culminate the week.
***Attendees are encouraged to bring poems relating to culture and conflict they have written or read to share.***

When: Today, 6:00 PM

Where: Casque and Gauntlet

~~Dinner Provided~~

Ewa Chruschiel's Biography:

Ewa Chrusciel writes both in Polish and English. In 2003 Studium published her first book
in Polish. Her second book in Polish: Sopilki came out in Dec 2009. She has won the 2009
international book contest for her book in English, Strata, which was published with Emergency
Press in March 2011 in the United States. Her second book in English Contraband of Hoopoe
is forthcoming with Omnidawn Press. Her poems were featured in Jubilat, Boston Review,
Colorado Review, Lana Turner, Spoon River Review, Aufgabe among others. Her translations
of poetry appeared in numerous journals and two anthologies of Polish poetry in English
translations: Carnivorous Boy, Carnivorous Bird and Six Polish Poets. She is a Professor of
Humanities at Colby-Sawyer College.

--
Dartmouth College '12