CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Valley Voices <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valley Voices <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:59:38 -0400
Tune in to Dartmouth's arts and public affairs radio program, *Valley
Voices! *This week's show and old shows are online now at *
valleyvoices.wordpress.com.*

*This week:*

*Sonia Nazario* is a journalist who has spent 20 years writing about social
issues. Her Pulitzer Prize-winning book Enrique’s Journey tells the
gripping story of a boy from Central America who made a dangerous and
illegal journey through Mexico on top of freight trains — a trip that
Nazario herself took twice in researching the story. She gives us an inside
look at a journey that thousands of Mexican and Central American children
make every year.

Nazario will give a talk at Dartmouth titled ”Enrique’s Journey and
America’s Immigration Dilemma” on Tuesday, October 23rd, at 4:30 pm in
Silsby Hall, Room 28.

Plus, as the general elections approach, we take a closer look at a complex
and divisive issue — the federal fiscal crisis. *William Beach*, director
and number-cruncher at the Center for Data Analysis at the Heritage
Foundation, sits down with our contributor Mick Zloof to talk about federal
budget-balancing and what it means for our own pocketbooks.