Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Tune in to Dartmouth's arts and public affairs radio program, Valley Voices! This week's show and old shows are online now at valleyvoices.wordpress.com.

This week:

Sonia Nazario is a journalist who has spent 20 years writing about social issues. Her Pulitzer Prize-winning book Enrique’s Journey tells the gripping story of a boy from Central America who made a dangerous and illegal journey through Mexico on top of freight trains — a trip that Nazario herself took twice in researching the story. She gives us an inside look at a journey that thousands of Mexican and Central American children make every year.

Nazario will give a talk at Dartmouth titled ”Enrique’s Journey and America’s Immigration Dilemma” on Tuesday, October 23rd, at 4:30 pm in Silsby Hall, Room 28.

Plus, as the general elections approach, we take a closer look at a complex and divisive issue — the federal fiscal crisis. William Beach, director and number-cruncher at the Center for Data Analysis at the Heritage Foundation, sits down with our contributor Mick Zloof to talk about federal budget-balancing and what it means for our own pocketbooks.