FMPRO-L Archives

March 2015, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cornelius Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:47:23 -0400
On Mar 16, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Andrew Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I can see how this might make sense for a site where access is limited to members of a small team, but I don’t see any use for CWP in the world at large — even the unlimited version is not guaranteed to handle more that 50 concurrent connections.
>
> But perhaps I have misunderstood some essential point…

CWP is custom web publishing, using the XML/PHP or xDBC interfaces to the database.

WebDirect is the technology that has supplanted Instant Web Publishing (IWP).

Concurrent connections are required for WebDirect and FileMaker Go access to the database system. For Custom Web Publishing concurrent connections don't factor in (at least not at the licensing level).

Cheers,
-corn

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group