FMPRO-L Archives

March 2015, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andrew Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:43:53 +0100
Non-profit discounts are available, but the concurrent connection limit is extremely restrictive. If you have 5 connections and one person opens 5 tabs to your site, that’s it, all of your connections are being used and when one is released it takes 90 seconds before it becomes available for another person.

I can see how this might make sense for a site where access is limited to members of a small team, but I don’t see any use for CWP in the world at large — even the unlimited version is not guaranteed to handle more that 50 concurrent connections.

But perhaps I have misunderstood some essential point…

AB