UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mary Alexnderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Alexnderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 08:58:59 -0400
For three days we have had a barred owl at the feeders morning and
evening. Last night it got a small rodent after diving into the snow
and coming up empty 3 times. This morning it has been sitting and
diving unsuccessfully since about 7 AM. Periodically a squirrel pops
up and chatters from a distance, but the owl seems intent on something
below the snow, ignoring the distant squirrels and nearby chickadees
and redpolls. I'm rooting for it and grateful to be able to watch this
incredibly patient and persistent bird. Wonder how late into the day
it will stay.
Mary
bethel, vt