FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:43:31 -0500
Hi Lee,

How about if you put all the fields into the desired tab order, then put all the buttons at the end of the tab order, and wrote a simple script:
-Activate First Button - Uses the script step "Go to Object [ButtonOne]"

Make sure this script is listed in the Scripts menu, and that you have named at least the first button in the tab order.
As the user is tabbing through the fields and wants to use the buttons, they can press Command-1 to go to the first button, then the Return key will run that script, or pressing Tab will allow them to move through the remaining buttons, and press Return to run the one they want.

You could even have your script store the active field name in a global or variable, and write another script to return to that field after they are done using the buttons.
(I did make a very simple demo - let me know if you'd like to see it.)

--
Steve Moore
Cumberland, Maine