UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2007, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:34:45 -0400
Had a surprise visitor at my feeders yesterday AM. Was about to go out
to refill
and saw a grey-ish bird- definitely not an over-sized Junco! Grabbed a
camera and got a few bad shots through the window, but enough to identify a
sharp-shinned hawk looking for Junco breakfast. Suddenly Very quiet around
here for 15 minutes. Only about 20 feet from house. Never seen one here
before.

There was one song sparrow among the 15 or so Juncos along with my usual
chickadees, red and white-breasted nuthatches, hairy and downy woodpeckers
and a flock of about 20 goldfinches.

Cindy Crawford
Norwich, Vt.
P.S. have lots of local bird photos here:

http://www.pbase.com/creaturekinships/
 bad pics of Sharp-shinned
Pileated Woodpecker in Quechee, taken a few weeks ago, and latest is a
sequence of pictures of 2 Ravens interacting. One seemed to be begging food
from the other...or was it some other behavior?

--
Creature Kinships
Animal Paintings, Portraits and Prints