UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

August 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 00:31:01 +0000
Hi Gang-
Sure hope this finds you all with an a.c. and staying cool. Sounds like the weather is going to be terrific for Saturday!! Have enclosed the directions to where the parade starts in Canaan and also to the Rice's camp for the picnic. Please know that you're welcome and bring your families. Thanks to all of you who emailed me to let me know your plans.

The Canaan Old Home Days parade begins at 9:30 ... after we do the parade we do a "mini concert" for about a half hour. When we're finished there you're welcome to head over to the Rice's camp. We'll probably eat around noon, but do know that there will be plenty of food ... so not to worry!

Bring your water wings and enjoy the lake. It's a neat spot for our picnic and we really appreciate Clayt and Elisa hosting us!! Lots of good food, conversation and friends.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday. Don't forget your folding bridge chair for the wagon!
cb

Directions to Canaan:
Rte. I-89 to Exit 17 - Enfield/Mascoma Lake
At bottom of ramp take a right onto Rte. 4 East
Follow thru Enfield, past Mascoma H.S. and into Canaan.
In the center of Canaan will be a park where they usually have a flea market.
Go past the common and then you'll see where the parade forms on the right hand side.
Janice will be there with the wagon.

-----

Directions to Rice's camp from Canaan:
456 Shaker Blvd., Enfield

Go back Rte. 4 West towards Lebanon. After Janet's Roadside Café in Enfield (on the left) take the next left … Huse Park and Mascoma Bank will be on your left … follow this road thru the town of Enfield. You will come to a railroad underpass and then have to go across Shaker Bridge.

At end of Shaker Bridge take a left onto Rte. 4A. From Shaker Bridge to Shaker Boulevard is 2.4 miles. [You will go past LaSallette Shrine on your right.] Watch on the right for a large sign Lakeview apartments.  Bonnyview Lane is across the street to the left. Take next left onto Shaker Boulevard.

Once on Shaker Blvd. from Route 4A to the Rice's camp is .4 miles.  Look on left for a red mailbox 458 Dalton's, the Rice's camp is 456, a hidden driveway, immediately following the red mailbox. (The wagon will be parked on the road there too!!  ;-0 )

If you're not coming to the parade in Canaan here are directions from I-89.

Off at Exit 17 … right at the bottom of the ramp towards Enfield/Canaan.
Take a right at blinking light onto Rte. 4A …. Follow until you get to Shaker Bridge then continue straight on 4A as above.