UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

August 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 14:57:14 +0000
Hi All-
First of all, thanks to those of you that came out for the Canaan parade yesterday .. sounded super! And thanks to the Rice's for allowing us to use their cottage for the annual band picnic. The food was great, as always, and even tho it was a bit cool in the shade, it was a great day for our get-together!

A huge thanks to all of you for a successful summer season. Sure seemed to fly by very quickly! Guess when you're having fun ... time flies!!  ;-) It certainly was a good summer .. music and weather wise.  Thank you for your participation! And now you all deserve a well-earned rest to enjoy the rest of the summer.

Our regular rehearsals will begin the Monday after Labor Day (9/13) at Hanover High School .. from 7-9.

HOWEVER ... before we have our first "official" rehearsal we do have the Ilead's 20th Anniversary Celebration that we agreed to do on Friday, Sept. 10th at 4:15 in front of the Hopkins Center(weather permitting). We're going to do the small books .. "mini" concert type of thing. Will send out more information as we get into September.

Also had a request to do play for the Alzheimer's walk on Saturday morning from 10-11:30. Wasn't intentional, but I forgot to mention it to you all yesterday!!  ;-(  If you're interested in doing this please email me so I can let the gal know yea or nay. She only called this past week .. sort of last minute type thing. If you can let me know in the next couple of days that would be great ... the sooner I let her know, the better. I will have access to my email a couple of days a week while I'm up north.

Also... received in yesterdays mail, an invitation for any member of the band interested in performing in the "Great American Community Band," to send in an application. Of course, the deadline for applications is Sept. 1st. The festival takes place in Lake Placid, Nov. 19-21, the band will be conducted by Col. Arnald Gabriel (remember Burlington?). I have info and applications but, since I'm headed north for a couple of weeks, if you're interested you can read all about the festival and find an application at: http://www.northeastmusicfestival.org

Just an fyi .. am going to be terminating my Valley Net account so please change my email in your address books to:

Think that's all for now ... have a great rest of the summer. Look forward to seeing you all in September!
Thanks again for all your hard work this summer.
cb