UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

June 2015

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sarah Chamberlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Chamberlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:15:10 -0400
Hi, Everyone:

Sorry, a lot of info packed into this message. We have two events this
Saturday, and one on Sunday. Instructions for all three are below.

------------------------------------

SATURDAY MORNING: Fairlee/Orford 4th of July Parade and mini-concert

The wagon will be waiting at the Feed & Saddlery in Fairlee, VT. It will
leave Fairlee NO LATER THAN 10:30 AM to take our spot at the front of the
parade line-up, which forms across the river in Orford. (Folks are welcome
to join us in Orford, but if you park over there, you'll need to find your
own way back to your vehicle, as the wagon returns to the Feed & Saddlery.)
We play at the front of the parade, and upon reaching the end of the route
we play a mini-concert from the wagon as the parade finishes.
Bring your folding chair, and wear your light blue shirt and khaki pants.
Music will be waiting at the wagon.

DIRECTIONS TO FAIRLEE:
(For GPS, look up "Fairlee Feed & Saddlery")

Take I-89 to I-91 North.
Take Exit 15 – Fairlee.
Bottom of the ramp, take a right.
At "T" intersection take a left onto Route 5 North.
The old railroad station is on the right about 1/2 mile up, and the Feed &
Saddlery is just before that. Parking is available on the side of the
building.
There's usually a flea market taking place in front of the old railroad
station - a good landmark to help you find the wagon!

------------------------------------

SATURDAY EVENING: Bretton Woods, Omni Mt. Washington Resort

Bus Passengers:
We will meet at St. Paul's Church in White River Junction, VT.
The bus will leave from the church at 2:30 PM -  if everyone is there early
we will leave even sooner! It will take us about an hour and three-quarters
to get up there, and we're leaving so soon because we need time to unload
the bus and be ready for dinner. After the fireworks, we'll return on the
bus to St. Paul's Church.

DIRECTIONS TO ST. PAUL'S:
(GPS: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 749 Hartford Ave., Hartford, VT)

FROM I-89:
Take I-91 North.
Take Exit 12 – Wilder.
Bottom of the ramp take a right.
At “T” intersection take a right.
St. Paul’s is about ¼ mile down on the left.

FROM I-91:
Take Exit 12 – Wilder.
Coming southbound: at bottom of ramp take a left.
Coming northbound: at bottom of ramp take a right.
See above directions from “T” intersection

The resort will serve us dinner starting at 5 PM. We are playing from 7 to
9 PM, with an intermission at the halfway point. We'll be playing outside
on the Presidential Patio unless it rains; in case of bad weather, they'll
relocate us to the Ballroom. No need for chairs, but you may want your
music stand, although we'll have the band box. Light blue shirts and khaki
pants, please.

After our performance, all band members and guests are welcome to stay and
watch the fireworks. The bus will stay until the fireworks have concluded.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SUPPLIED INFO ON GUESTS AND MEALS TO ME OR ANN BUNNELL, YOU
HAVE 24 HOURS TO DO SO! As an FYI, the sign-up sheet reached our meal limit
Monday night, so anyone not already added to our list may not be able to
share the meal - we'll confirm the list and totals tomorrow.

If you're not sharing the meal, please have your dinner before arriving, as
you can't bring food onto the property. The resort does not allow us to
bring pets either, folks - they can't be on the bus, and they can't be in
your vehicle.

For Those Driving Themselves:
The resort "gate-keeper" will have your names on a list to allow entry onto
the property. Guests are listed under the relevant band member's name.
Remember, dinner at 5 PM, concert at 7 PM.

DRIVING TO OMNI MT. WASHINGTON:
Head north! You'll get your best, most relevant directions by entering the
resort info into your GPS: Omni Mt. Washington Resort, 130 Mt. Washington
Hotel Rd., Bretton Woods, NH.

If you don't have a GPS unit, go north on either I-93 or I-91 and get off
onto Route 302 East. That will take you right to the hotel. You can check
it out and get even better directions on the web by searching for Mt.
Washington Hotel.

PLAYLIST:
First Half:
SSB
Radetsky
Highlights from "Frozen"
Amazing Grace
Clarinet Candy
God Bless the USA
Patriotic Sing-Along
Let There Be Peace on Earth
UVCB March
Blue Tango
Teddy Bear's Picnic
Happy
Fairest of the Fair
Benny Goodman, King of Swing

(if we're too long on the first half, we'll eliminate something).

Break

Second Half:
Amparito Roca
Moon River - Marge, would you play the solo, please?
Italian Holiday
Wizard of Oz (tuba solo!!!)
Sweet Trombone Rag
Intermezzo for Band
Tribute to Elvis
Instant Concert
Armed Forces - Pride of America
National Emblem
S&S

Extras, if needed:  Men of Ohio, Waltzing Cat, Syncopated Clock

------------------------------------

SUNDAY: Reading Fireman's Parade

Parade and mini-concert in Reading, VT. We meet Janice and the wagon at the
Reading Volunteer Fire & Rescue Station near the junction of Route 106 and
Route 44, north of Reading. (See below for directions.) We need to be on
the wagon NO LATER THAN 10:30 AM! She'll take us down to the parade line-up
and get us into our spot. Parade starts at 11 AM. We play through town and
circle into the Elementary School lot, where we wait for the parade to
finish. Janice will then take us into the center of town where we'll play a
mini-concert from the wagon. After that, she'll bring us back to the fire
station and our vehicles.

Music will be waiting on the wagon. Bring your folding chairs, wear your
light blue shirts and khaki pants. There's a darn good chicken BBQ tent in
town and tons of stuff going on throughout the day, for those wanting a
good lunch or a fun break before the ride home - Reading takes this party
seriously, folks!

DIRECTIONS TO READING:
From Lebanon/WRJ area:
Take I-89 to I-91 South.
Take Exit 8 - Ascutney.
At the bottom of the ramp, take a right onto Route 131 West.
Follow Route 131 about 7 miles to the 4-way intersection. (Called Downer's
Corner.)
Take a right onto Route 106 North.
Follow 106 for about 5 miles, travelling through the center of town.
The fire station is just beyond the center of town on the right.

From Woodstock area:
Take a right by the Woodstock Inn on 106 South.
Follow 106 about 13 miles into Reading.
Staying on 106, watch for the Route 44 intersection - the fire station will
be on your left just after that intersection.