UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2007, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
M Coutermarsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M Coutermarsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:06:34 -0500
It’s 4PM now and we welcome the sight of a pair of mature Bald Eagles in a
deciduous tree opposite from the Ottaquechee River on the NH shore of the CT
river.  They’ve been here for an hour or more this time.

And for the third day this week, we’ve seen a 2 ½ year old Bald Eagle.
Lot’s of white mottling, grey head with dark osprey mask through eyes, tan
eyes, yellow cere and proximal beak, tip of beak is black.  It’s a very
large bird, wondering if it’s a female, she’s been harassing the mergansers
as they fly by.

Enjoying the observations…. Mark and Martha Coutermarsh