UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:32:09 -0500
The shoulders look massive.. I've seen a sharpie chasing a Blue Jay and got
pictures, and the Sharpie was NO bigger than the Blue Jay! Just from looks
I guess it's most confusing because a small male Coopers Hawk can be the
same size as a large female Sharpie.. But the sound seems like a good clue!
I think of Coopers Hawks as saying "Kek-Kek" and Sharpies something more
like 'Que Que".. but don' t have much experience comparing the sounds..