UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2016, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:56:01 -0400
I birded Reed's Marsh, the Richmond Conservation Land and around home this
morning. At Reed's Marsh, again, I bushwhacked the wet southern edge of the
marsh to the river and setback (not easy, but picked up a lot more birds
this way). The highlight was a singing Rusty Blackbird (song with the
"squeaky hinge" at the end) with a nice long look while it sang. The two
Bald Eagles appeared to be copulating or trying to copulate on the nest. I
have also seen one or both bringing additional nest material this past
week, although Chris Martin said they may have missed their window of
opportunity for successful breeding again this year. There were far fewer
waterfowl on the setback by the river, the Ring-necked Duck flock is down
to just a few. I was also disappointed to not find many (I had one)
Yellow-rumped Warbler and no Palms or Ruby-crowned Kinglets. There were a
lot of White-throated Sparrows moving through, though (20+). I had a
Yellowlegs sp. on the exposed mud of the Jacobs Brook outlet, viewed from
the Richmond Conservation Land. It was a bit distant, appearing to me to be
a Lesser, but when it flew, called with four "dear" notes. Back home below
Mt. Cube, FOY Blue Headed Vireo and Hermit Thrush.

--
*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]