UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2016, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2016 10:02:02 -0400
Ventured north to Lake Morey en route to the Depo in Bradford.  (I try to
mix up routes)  Met John Sutton at Depo.

Lake M. was relatively quiet.  3 R-b Gulls.   1 Spotted Sandpiper.  The
forest produced my first Rose-br. Grosbeak and Blue-w. Warbler.

As I drove (west side) and approached Lanikila. I drive with windows open.
Camp is in view.heard a rasping, loud "three-eight".  I have heard this bird
in the same spot before.

Hopped out of car..and was treated to fine looks at a Yellow-throated Vireo.
(came back w/ John later).  Bird is right along the road, with boys camp/
Hulbert in sight.

Depo:   Eastern kingbird, Yellow Warblers, Y-r Wa's, Pine Wa. ,
Black&Whites, Great Blue, Warbling Vireo, Least Flyc.

I think the flood gates will open this week.. !

Drove into north end of UVD,  Buzzell Rd.  Listening for LoWa.   There is a
small water course about 500 yards down from first gate.   They have been
here for a # of years.

Its that liquid, slurry song.  Hard bird (fro me) to see.seems rather
elusive.    Louisiana Waterthrush.

Happy days !

BiSh

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]