UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2013, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:58:33 -0400
Hello fellow birders!

I recently returned from a visit to Appledore Island, where I had the privilege of experiencing the AIMS banding station.
It was a fantastic trip, and amazing to see such a variety of songbirds up close.
I thought I'd share some of the migratory highlights that were seen and/or banded during my weeks visit:
Philadelphia Vireos
Red-eyed Vireos - many!
Carolina Wrens - everywhere
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Veerys
Gray Catbirds galore!
Ovenbirds
Northern Waterthrush - numerous
Blue-winged Warbler
Black-and-white Warblers
Nashville Warblers
Connecticut Warblers - very exciting!
Mourning Warbler
Kentucky Warbler - also very exciting!
Common Yellowthroats - everywhere
American Redstarts
Magnolia Warblers
Bay-breasted Warbler
Yellow Warblers
Chestnut-sided Warblers
Blackpoll Warblers
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Black-throated Green Warblers
Canada Warblers
Wilson's Warblers
Chipping Sparrows
Clay-colored Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Song Sparrows - everywhere
White-throated Sparrows
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks
Baltimore Orioles
Bobolinks

Such a beautiful place and a wonderful adventure!!
Sara - Norwich, VT