UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:45:16 -0500
The Red head is still at Runnemede, also a common Merganser female, as of
8-12 AM.  Also saw a dead goose near the Red Head. The duck was pretty much
sleeping/dozing near a log.I hope it is OK.

Several people I met this AM at Runnemede said the geese were shot, and
perhaps the heron that found dead earlier.  Shells were found in the
field.  Others have heard gunshots.

Be careful if you go there.

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/