UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2014, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Scott Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 06:28:42 -0400
I would like to echo what Cindy Crawford said about birders sharing their
information.  When I first saw the wheatear, I knew I wasn't in Kansas
anymore, but George Clark identified it for me.  I might still be looking
through the books. If it it hadn't been for all the Upper Valley groups
that invited me to their bird walks and all the kind individuals who let me
look through their scopes or at their pictures over the years, I wouldn't
have had my binoculars in the car or the interest to "find" the bird.
Truth be told, it flew in front of me and seemed like a neon sign saying
"Look at me."  If it weren't for Vt ebird and uv-birders, I wouldn't have
known how to share the information.  And if it wasn't for the challenge of
finding 150 species in Windsor County, I would have gone to my appointment

George Clark, Chris Rimmer, Ed Hack, Kent McFarland, Cindy Crawford, Jim
Block, Spencer Hardy, Kyle Jones in particular, and all the rest of the
birders in the Upper Valley too, found this bird.  I only told people where
to look.  Perhaps birds come here to see the special people.  Thanks for
sharing with me all your knowledge and birds.  It's amazing what and who
lives with us.

Scott