UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:47:23 -0500
Three messages about my feeder birds is probably to much for one day,
but I added some more goodies to the list this afternoon. The best by
far was 3 Red Crossbills. I now believe this species has been around
for some time, as I think I had heard call notes several times in the
last month. Today I had binos and got a view of one male and two
females as they flew over. A first for the yard.

Brown Creeper, Red-tailed Hawk and American Goldfinch were also new for the day.

Spencer

--
Good Birding,
Spencer