UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2017, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dylan Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2017 21:17:21 -0400
I went up to Campbell Flats Road in Norwich today to see the famous LITTLE BLUE HERON that's been hanging out for a few days now. I had a difficult time finding a good description of where to find it so I ended up doing a lot of driving around for nothing until I found someone else who had located it.

For anyone looking, the Heron was seen in a field off on the west side of the road just north of Patterson Road and at the southern end of the cornfield. I think this field is what has been described as a "flooded field" in other reports and you can tell at one time it was, but it has dried a lot and it's kind of a deceiving description. It has also been seen north of this spot in the river beside a light green house north of the cornfield. I guess it spends time up in high roosts so keep and eye on the trees as well.

 Hope this info will help others have an easier time tracking it down than I did. The following link is to a few photos and a video I took today.
https://flickr.com/photos/103784740@N03/sets/72157687476488436

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee, NH

Sent from my iPhone

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]