UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2014, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 07:49:14 -0400
I had an American Woodcock fly over our yard at first light this morning,
then heard "peenting" from one of our fields. This is the second latest
date one has arrived. In 2001 a male arrived on April 7th and I noted that
year "still deep snow in all the fields". I remember watching him
displaying and landing right on the snow as this one probably is, too.
Typically they arrive during the third week in March, my earliest record
was the ninth in 2002. I've been enjoying a sweet song (never heard until
this year) from one of the American Tree Sparrows that is still around my
feeders. I also had my FOY Eastern Bluebird yesterday at the Bunten Farm in
Orford.

--
*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School