UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:27:09 -0700
Hey everyone,

Just had a small mixed flock of birds move through some trees outside my dorm window here at Dartmouth. Best birds, in my opinion, were Magnolia Warbler and a 'western fall' Palm Warbler (ssp. palmarum). The Palm Warbler had no yellow underparts, except for the yellow vent, and was mostly brown overall with some streaking on the chest. Being relatively new to this area, how often are western Palms encountered countered to eastern Palms in the fall?

Below is the list of birds in the flock:

Red-eyed Vireo- 1
Black-capped Chickadee- 10
White-breasted Nuthatch- 1
Magnolia Warbler- 1 or 2 immature birds