UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2017, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:50:55 -0500

&nbsp;

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Christmas visitor plus feeding
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:35:45 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Belated Merry Christmas Birders

Late afternoon on Christmas Day I noticed a female Northern Cardinal
eating seeds off my deck. I put out more seed late last night. She was back
again this morning competing with the Juncos and the Blue Jays.
I usually only get Cardinals passing through earlier in the fall. I did have one
pair stay all winter years ago.

I have to put more feed out now at 1:30 PM, as what I put out last evening
and mid morning is gone.

Is there any thing more I can put out for the Ravens? I feed Black oiled
Sunflower seed with 1/3 chips, Scratch feed, coarse Corn, and Nature's Choice
mixture. I also have plain suet, Peanut block suet and Woodpecker choice suet.
in separate hangers.

I was wondering about drying out wheat bread and cutting it up in cubes for the Ravens.
There doesn't seem to be much road kill for them right now.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

J. Barton
Enfield Ctr.
&nbsp;

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]