UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 15:23:56 -0500
Hi Birders,
Over the past few months Ian Worley and Ron Payne have undertaken a
complete updating of the over 700 Vermont eBird “Hotspots” , standardizing
names, correcting locations and merging redundant sites.

They have also completed evaluating a backlog of some 200 hotspot requests
and are underway creating well-spaced arrays of hotspots in some areas.
With the exception of edited names, most of these changes should go
unnoticed by users, and we hope they will improve and simplify your Vermont
eBirding experience.

Read more all about hotspots, the work to improve them, and learn how to
manage your personal hotspots a little better at
http://ebird.org/content/vt/news/vermont-ebird-hotspots

Again, a HUGE thanks from all of us here at Vermont eBird central to Ian
and Ron for amazing yeoman's work! This is making Vermont eBird a better
place by leaps and bounds. We couldn't do it without great, dedicated
volunteers like these two and all of you!

Kent