NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Manfred Kropp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:28:49 +0200
Just a very pedestrian correction of the Latin citation (probaby of
Chilon of Sparta; http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilon_von_Sparta):
de mortuis nil nisi bene (not: bonum)
that is to say: don't speak about a dead person if not in a good, fair manner
which is quite different. And thus could help to find the right way
now to speak about Steve Jobs.
Apologies for the pedestrian remark.
Manfred