NISUS Archives

June 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:12:23 +1000
At 2:09 PM +1000 13/6/12, Brian Ferguson wrote:
>Some may not have been advised that this new OS will be available
>from July for the grand cost of AUD19.99 from the Mac App Store. I
>wonder what Windows OS costs now.
>
><<http://www.apple.com/osx/?sr=hotnews.rss>http://www.apple.com/osx/?sr=hotnews.rss>
>
>It appears as if the Mac version is integrated with iPad and iPhone.

The overall cost of Windows OS is lower because it has great
backwards compatibility. I have been reliably informed that that the
current Windows OS will run apps your grandfather (well not yours,
perhaps, Brian, or mine either, but you know . . . ) used back when
God's dog was a pup.

But with OS X . . .

Oh dear, i remember the days when we used to boast about the backward
compatibility of Mac OS and laugh at Windoze users.  :(

Cheers, geoff