NISUS Archives

February 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 04:15:14 -0800
>Brian Ferguson wrote:
>
>But I do not use many of Apple's software applications -
>deliberately Numbers and Pages in particular - because better
>third-party versions are available and it is the third-party
>developers who have made Apple Number One. They know the rules and
>we users benefit.

I subscribe to two listserv's for lawyers who use Macs.  The members
who switched from Windows to Mac within the last few years tend to
have the same attitude toward Apple that Windows users had toward
Microsoft several years ago:  If Apple makes a product within a
category, they are very strongly inclined to trust the Apple product
and are skeptical of third party products in that category.

Of particular relevance to this list, when lawyers ask for advice on
Mac alternatives to MS Word or WordPerfect for Windows, the attempts
of myself and a few others to recommend Nisus are mostly ignored.
Only Word and Pages are seriously considered.
--

Bob Stern