NISUS Archives

February 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Cuneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 06:15:58 -0500
I'd like to add a secular Amen as well.
I have been puzzled by all the feelings… I have a particularly performing scanner system which I “inherited” from a printer years ago, it was as advanced for the time as the usual scanner one buys today for general use. But the software never made it to OS X.
Well, I kept the MacBook on 9.2, and scan with it whenever I need it.
On the other hand I, like others here before me, find iCloud particularly useful.
I am a journalist, and never know when anyone will want something from me. Thanks to iCloud and Dropbox, I can work form anywhere, and my phone keeps me up to date: it does not mean I am a slave to my work, on the contrary – I've traveled around more lately than ever before. If necessary, I can put in a day of work from anywhere.
I am sure the “Apple dictatorship” will never happen; it is not necessary, and too many people would leave the brand.
Cheers!
Anne Cuneo