NISUS Archives

June 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
jem cabanes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:47:38 +0200
Hi Žorvaršur,

I do have one, and use it regularly, mostly to surf the Net, to be in touch with my contacts (email, chat, skype), to carry my documents around, to keep pace with my schedule, to jot down anything crossing my mind along the way, and as a fine book-reader, though I miss the capability of an assisting dictionary. (OTOH, no pictures or games.)

Any small MacBook Pro or Airbook can do as much and more (in fact, wordprocessing on an iPad is rather limited, for instance), but neither is so easy or comfortable to carry along, nor is it a manageable book-reader.

It took me years to make my mind up, as I doubted the real advantage of such a device, but now I couldn't possibly do without it.

jem c.