NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:44:14 -0600
> I wonder why they didn’t call them Library A, Library B and Library
> C or something similar just in order to keep them apart for newbies.

Ah, indeed!  It would have helped a whole lot of us.
But I've wondered if it was a programming thing— command-line folks
see things a bit differently, and focus on the whole path name.
Maybe they can simplify their life by doing certain things with any/
all "Library" folders regardless of the rest of the path name.  Just
a guess.  Maybe someone who knows will tell?  Or maybe it was just
done that way because its always been that way in the Unix world?  :-)

With your clarification it is now apparent that you had Both App
folders.  Ah the simplicity of _not_ upgrading.  (I need _some_
consolation for be so behind! :-)

	Ben Andrus