LLTI Archives

February 2014, Week 2

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:05:36 +0000

From: marzieh nezakat <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Processing morphosyntactic constructions
Date: February 9, 2014 1:44:23 AM CST
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear LLTI members,

I am Marzieh Nezakat, a PhD candidate of Applied Linguistics from the university of Isfahan. Right now, I am working on my PhD dissertation which is on sentence processing by Persian second language learners of English. To collect my data I have used a software package named DMDX which is designed by Dr. K. forster and Dr. J. Forster form Arizona University (http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kforster/dmdx/dmdx.htm). It records reaction times in milliseconds and helps finding out parsing manners while receiving language input.

To obtain the best results in this project, I need to have both second language learner data and native speaker data. The native speaker data is really crucial for this project as it is the norm upon which the L2 data will be checked.

You just need to be an undergraduate student as the test is better done if you are not a professional Linguist.There is no
compensation for responding nor is there any known risk.  All information will remain confidential and anonymous. If you
choose to participate in this study, please answer the questions as carefully as possible. The test is available through
(https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zj19fdn88tzodug/HPIaA57e9Q?n=203383254). Please follow this link and first download the file
'test instructions' to get familiar with the test.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything you want to know about the study. I do appreciate your help. Your
contribution means a lot to me.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,
Marzieh Nezakat