FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Terry Teitelbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 17:41:07 -0700
Does anyone know why the Find function would not work on some fields?
I've searched online and cannot find anything relevant.

I am using FM 11 Advanced on a Mac and am accessing a file hosted on
FM 11 Server Advanced on a PC.

The fields are part of a duplicate calculation and message.

I have a self-join on a field "RouteStop"

[RouteStop is a calculation field, text, indexed]

Then I have a field: routestopdupecount: unstored,
Count( routestopdupe::RouteStop )

And finally, a message field, Dupe Alert Route Stop:
unstored, calculation, text: If(routestopdupe::routestopdupecount>1;
"There is more than one customer with this route and stop";"")

The message works properly; it shows up in the field of records with a
route and stop the same as any other record. But the problem is when I
want to find these records.

In find mode when I enter * in the Duper Alert Route Stop field, at
first I got a message that no records matched the criteria, and now it
returns all but 14 records (in a database with 2178 records), and not
the correct records. When I enter =, it returns a few records but
again, it's not a correct found set. The same is true if I enter >0 or
find matching records on the field in a record with the message.

I've tried searching on the routestopdupecount field with >1 and it
doesn't return any records. Same is true if I enter T or even the
entire message copied and pasted from a record with the message.

Could something be wrong with my database?

Any help or insights would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Terry