FMPRO-L Archives

October 2014, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:36:45 -0400
Go into System Preferences and set your own:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph13916

Obviously, you can't choose ones that the OS is already using, but you can create new ones.

If you have multiple versions of FileMaker on your drive they will all show up as the same app in the Keyboard shortcuts and will not work in all versions. The solution is to rename all your copies of FileMaker to include something unique. I just appended the version number to the App name and that let me specify keyboard shortcuts for each application.

I also added quite a few more shortcuts for a variety of other menu commands. Makes working in FMP that much nicer.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker Certified Developer (9-13)