FMPRO-L Archives

September 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Beatrice Beaubien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:12:28 -0400
Hello Dan,

This message (or something very much like it) is seen in FMP 8.5 and 9 when there is a problem with the server.pem file on the client computer. The server.pem file helps FMP negotiate the TCP/IP network initialization, and it won't happen if FMP finds something amiss in this file.

One easy way to check is to replace the client's server.pem file with one that works. If you're still getting the error, you can cross that possible point of failure from your list.

Best wishes,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD
i2eye, Toronto, Canada

FileMaker Business Alliance