FMPRO-L Archives

January 2013, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Emma Glaisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:57:56 +0000
Thanks for all your advice earlier. I have limped on with FM Pro 12, but
buying Advanced will happen as soon as I get paid for the next stage!

I'm presenting my first 'commercial' database to the client today, with
some trepidation. Just had to share the terror/excitement with others
who've been there.

I just added a little gimmick, took about 1 minute, which I know she will
like best. And the automatic creation and emailing of spreadsheets to 100
individuals, which took me hours to get right (using my own email addresses
I hasten to add!) will barely get a nod.

This is SO much harder than writing stuff for my own use. You have to think
like someone else. Build in lots of safety nets. Think about how it looks.
And I know there will be lots wrong with it still.

Wish my luck.