FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Danny Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:23:17 -0700
Lee,

The SecureFM plug-in, along with many other functions, allows you to
create hot-keys, with or without modifier keys (control, command,
option, shift), not connected to menu items.  The hot-keys can be
context specific - by file, window, TO, or layout.  And it supports
grep if you want to get elaborate (or efficient).  Free download and
demo files are available at http://www.newmillennium.com.  It plays
well with Custom Menus and Script Triggers if you want to use them in
combination.

FYI, SecureFM has been around for 15 years (since before FileMaker
had a plug-in API) so it's mature and battle tested.

Have fun!

Now, whether or not it's a good idea to try to eliminate the use of a
mouse altogether is questionable...

Danny

Danny Mack
New Millennium Communications