FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bruce Herbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 02:15:56 -0500
Hi Lee,

I think the key would be setting the tab order.  If you can move from field to button by using the tab key and then hit enter or start typing to fill in a field it should work.

Many years ago I was involved in a research project that tested which was faster for data input,  mouse and keyboard or just keyboard.  Just keyboard was much more efficient,  at least in the tests we did at the time.  Since then GUI interfaces have improved a great deal,  but I believe that keeping your fingers on the keyboard is still faster..

Hope this is helpful.
Bruce Herbach

Sent from my iPad