FMPRO-L Archives

August 2011, Week 5

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:10:28 -0400
On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:42 PM, Sue wrote:

> Now if someone at Filemaker would figure out how to insert container fields using the Merge text option....  : )

You can use one of the email plugins to generate HTML emails and within those you can link to any file hosted on the web. More complex, but doable.

As I understand it, though I've never tried, FileMaker's native email generation tool has something that obstructs the generation of HTML emails, but I know of three email plugins that claim that as a feature, so you should be able to find one that works for you:

360Works Mail
SMTPit
MondoMail

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9/10/11 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Users Group
Next meeting: Tuesday, September 27, 12:00 pm to 3:00-ish
Blog: http://www.kyfmp.com