FMPRO-L Archives

September 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
CEC jef chippewa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:46:03 +0200
hi steve, thanks.

the project is an annual competition for young
composers.  i receive an MS Word doc containing
individual scores and comments from each jury
member for all submissions.  i convert the table
to text, drop in excel and import to JURIES from
the excel file.  the unique value in this case is
an individual score+comment by a juror for a
specific piece.

i need to be able to provide all jury comments (anonymously) to the composer.

if we have a 20-member jury and 75 submissions,
my layout (with the sub-summaries layout part) is
such that all 20 comments (1 per juror) fit on
one page, with the sliding/printing options set
to remove all blank space.  therefore a total of
75 unique pages need to be printed (named
"ComposerLastName_ProjectName2010.pdf) and
emailed to 75 composers (participants).

the composers and jurors are ubique records in
CONTACTS (mailing address, date of birth, bio,
email etc.).  in the relationships, Jury Members
and Composers tables are separate instances of
the main CONTACTS database.

so the structure within the database containing the comments was actually:

JURIES___Jury Members table (CONTACTS)
        \____ AUDIO___Composers table (CONTACTS)

based on your comments, i started setting up the
layout in AUDIO, and so far got most of it
working, except for some reason the same juror's
name appears for all 20 scores/comments...

AUDIO___Composers table (CONTACTS)
       \____ JURIES___Jury Members table (CONTACTS)

cheers, almost there!!
jef

--

Communauté électroacoustique canadienne (CEC)
Canadian Electroacoustic Community