FMPRO-L Archives

September 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Weinshel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:26:40 -0700
Better still than using the host as a client. A little more protection
(since the host isn’t trying to keep track of itself while also doing client
stuff), a little better performance. Gets you halfway to a proper setup,
which you could implement later.

The performance and, most particularly, the safety advantages to using
server obtain for three clients just as they do for a hundred. I dread
working on an important file on an airplane, knowing a computer crash might
cost me the entire trip's work.

John Weinshel
Datagrace
Vashon Island, WA
(206) 463-1634
Associate Member, Filemaker Business Alliance
Certified For Filemaker 11