CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 21:52:14 +0000
 Telling My Story

Final Performances

Thursday May 19th and Friday May 20th

The time for both performances 6:30pm

[cid:a6f44526-c921-4801-98c4-c2f1474ccb98]
Please SIGN UP<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Idy_TO05C24Bmbu8WzXSo8rlt2tN_s1RVrIguIDd0VU/viewform> before May 14th

Dear Friends,

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the students of Dartmouth College's MALS 364/ ENGL 53.4 /WGSS 66.5 "Telling Stories for Social Change" along with the male inmates of Sullivan County House of Corrections, for a collaborative and original end of term performance.  This Experiential Learning course, co-taught by Pati Hernandez and Ivy Schweitzer, offers students the unique opportunity to study our increasingly elusive, ever-growing incarceration system from two distinct perspectives, theoretical and practical. Students have focused on the issues prisoners face both inside and outside prison; incarceration, rehabilitation, and transition, while simultaneously exploring facilitation with critical analysis and self-reflection on the effectiveness of Experiential Learning and performance in rehabilitation. We would like you to join us in the culmination of this course - the creation and performance of an original production that focuses on the voices of inmates.

The performance is scheduled for THURSDAY, MAY 19TH at the Claremont Opera House and FRIDAY, MAY 20TH at the Sullivan County House of Corrections.

The time for both performances is 6:30 pm.

Claremont Opera House

58 Opera House Square

Claremont, NH

Tel: (603) 542-4433<tel:%28603%29%20542-4433>

Sullivan County House of Corrections

103 County Farm Road

Claremont, NH 03743-7302

Tel: (603) 542-8717<tel:%28603%29%20542-8717>

IMPORTANT: If you would like to attend please SIGN UP<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Idy_TO05C24Bmbu8WzXSo8rlt2tN_s1RVrIguIDd0VU/viewform> before May 14th

If you plan to attend the FRIDAY night performance and the Sullivan County House of Corrections

  *   Please arrive at the facility at 6:00pm so you have time to check in and find a seat
  *   Bring only a photo ID and car keys, leave everything else in your car i.e. cell phone, purse, etc.
  *   Please abstain from chewing gum and wearing revealing clothing.

Directions

Dartmouth College to Claremont Opera House:

Head west on New Hampshire 10A W/W Wheelock St toward Mass Row Continue to follow W Wheelock St Entering Vermont. Continue onto Trescott Rd/Vermont 10A W. Turn right to merge onto I-91 S. Take exit 8 for VT-131 toward VT-12/US- 5/Ascutney/Windsor. Continue onto VT-12 S Entering New Hampshire. Continue straight onto NH-12 S/Main St/Old Bridge Rd Continue to follow NH-12 S. Turn right at Broad St/Tremont St Continue to follow Broad St. Opera House with be on the right.

Dartmouth College to Sullivan County House of Corrections: Follow Above- Continue to follow Broad St. Slight left at Chestnut St. Continue onto Chestnut St Exn. Continue onto 2nd New Hampshire Turnpike. Continue onto County Farm Rd. Arrive at Sullivan County Jail House.

We hope to see many of you at the performance,

Pati Hernández and Ivy Schweitzer

"Nobody knows nothing. Nobody knows everything"

-Paulo Freire

Warmly,
Caroll Spelke
Program Coordinator