CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2016 18:12:20 +0000

[cid:ac63f63a-db17-445f-860f-424dc3e26ba2]

On Wednesday, February 24th, 2016, three young black men, two Muslims and one Christian, were killed in cold blood. Mohamedtaha Omar, 23, Adam Mekki, 20, and Muhannad Taira, 17, were found murdered, execution style, in a house in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Their deaths are a very real and very visceral reminder that we need to continue to question Islamophobia and how much we value Black lives, especially because these deaths garnered so little deserved attention.

Please join Al-Nur Muslim Student's Association, Dartmouth African Student's Association (DASA) and the Tucker Center Tuesday at 6 pm on the Green for a vigil in remembrance of our brothers, as we hope to stand together, to support one another, and to remember that we are all in this together.

<https://www.facebook.com/events/479980162188143/>
Please click here to be directed to the Facebook Event page.