CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:15:28 +0000

 I HAVE A DREAM FOR DARTMOUTH

    Palaeopitus Senior Society invites you to
our Annual Martin Luther King Discussion

This year's topic: "A Dream Fulfilled?: Martin Luther King's spiritual, social, and economic ideology, and his impact on our world today."

We invite you to join us in Collis Common Ground Tuesday January 24th at 4pm, for a discussion of Dr. King's work, faith, and ideals, and how he is understood in the America of today.

Do our representations of Dr. King's ideals line up with his actual work and goals?

How has Dr. King's work influenced other social movements?

How does the Civil Rights Movement relate to current social movements such as Occupy?

What does all of this have to do with OUR lives here at Dartmouth?

Come hear Professor Marc Dixon (Sociology), Professor Julia Rabig (MALS/History), and Assistant Chaplain Kurt Nelson offer a wide range of commentary on these questions, followed by an open discussion.

All are welcome, we hope to see you there.

-2012 Palaeopitus Delegation